Me and The Queen

December 1st, 2009 ndnaul11

I headed south of Scotland for a weekend in London.  I met up with two high school friends – Andrew, who’s studying in London, and Sara, who’s close to Amsterdam – and it was great to finally see some people from home other than the people I came to St. Andrews with.  It’s kind of funny because I’m pretty sure when we were all in high school, none of us would have thought in three years, we would be meeting up to tour London.  We had a great time, and there is a

Big Ben

Big Ben

good possibility I’ll go back next semester.

I met up with Sara and a friend she had come with on Friday afternoon.  We did a little sightseeing, stumbled upon Big Ben, but that was about it seeing as it gets dark around 4:00 now.  That night, we met up with Andrew and had a beer at one of the pubs he likes to go to. Afterwards, he took us to Piccadilly Square, which is the London equivalent of Times Square. There was a carnival going on, so we went on one of the rides, and that was pretty much the end of Friday. 

On Saturday, we toured almost the entirety of London.  If it was on the map, we saw it – Westminster Abbey, London Bridge, the Tower Bridge, the Globe Theater, St. Paul’s, Parliament.  Even though I was there for the whole weekend and could have spread some of the sightseeing out, the fear that I wouldn’t see everything drove me to take it all in on Saturday.  Sunday was kind of a letdown because of the rain.  We went to see the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace, but they cancelled it. Go figure, the guys who are supposed to protect the Queen can’t handle rain.  Anyways, we ended up doing some souvenir shopping and I had some bangers and mash, which I knew I had to eat when I was in London. I was not letdown – easily one of the best meals I’ve had since I’ve been over here.  All in all, like I said, I had a great time, even with the rain, and it was great to see friends from home.

I made the decision a couple weeks ago to come home for Christmas.  So in less than three weeks, I’ll be back in the States, and I’m really looking forward to seeing everyone again for the holidays.

2 Responses to “Me and The Queen”

1. PERRY says:

CheapTabletsOnline.com. Canadian Health&Care.Special Internet Prices.Best quality drugs.No prescription online pharmacy. No prescription pills. Order drugs online

Buy:Buspar.Nymphomax.Lipothin.Benicar.Prozac.Aricept.Acomplia.Wellbutrin SR.Advair.Female Pink Viagra.Lasix.Ventolin.Lipitor.Seroquel.SleepWell.Zocor.Female Cialis.Cozaar.Amoxicillin.Zetia….

2. ISAAC says:

NEW FASHION store. Original designers collection at low prices!!! 20 % TO 70 % OFF. END OF SEASON SALE!!!

BUY FASHION. TOP BRANDS: GUCCI, DOLCE&GABBANA, BURBERRY, DIESEL, ICEBERG, ROBERTO CAVALLI, EMPORIO ARMANI, VERSACE…