Iceland’s on the Map

April 21st, 2010 ndnaul11

The countdown has really begun. My flight back to the States is on May 29, so that leaves me with roughly 5 weeksiceland left here in St. Andrews. It’s definitely going to be bittersweet. I’m anxious to get back home, but St. Andrews has become kind of like a second home after living here for 9 months. In all seriousness, I actually wonder what it’s going to be like next year, not being able to wake up any morning I want and play golf, having class more than two days a week, not jet setting to different countries on the weekends…

Without question, these next five weeks are going to be the busiest weeks of my abroad experience. I’m going to be traveling quite a bit, I’ve still got plenty of work and exams, and I still need to do anything I’ve yet to do in St. Andrews. A lot of people are actually leaving in a month or less, so I consider myself one of the luckier ones. It’s going to be a crazy five weeks, and I can guarantee it is going to be the quickest five weeks of my life.

My family is actually making the trek across the Atlantic for a visit next week. That’s if the Eyjafjallajokull volcano decides to keep its lid on for the next few days. Its insane how many people were affected by the eruption; the English Navy even sent ships to transport passengers who were stranded on the continent back to the UK. Most of the airports are back open now, so I just have to pray it stays that way.

Anyway, I’m going to meet my family in London on Saturday night and spend the next few days sightseeing with them. Since I’ve already been to London, I’m looking forward to just relaxing and letting other people do the planning for once. It’s actually going to be like a real vacation this time.  We’re going to Edinburgh on Tuesday, and staying there for two days, which is great because I have still yet to actually see Edinburgh outside of the airport. Then Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, they’ll be visiting me here in St. Andrews. Should be a great week, really looking forward to it.

In the midst of all this, I’m still trying to get plenty of golf in. I played 4 or 5 straight days right after I got back from Paris, and I’ve played a few scattered rounds over the past two weeks. I think I’m going to play the Old Course today and hopefully again when my Uncle gets here next week. Have to play it as much as I can because who knows when I’ll ever get the chance to do it again.

37 days left.

55 Responses to “Iceland’s on the Map”

1. THOMAS says:

.

Buyit now…

2. OLIVER says:

Buygeneric drugs…

3. ANTONIO says:

Buyno prescription…

4. ERNESTO says:

Buygeneric drugs…

5. NEIL says:

CHEAP GENERIC PHARMACY : -==== Men’s Health Drugs ====-

Buy Cheap Generic Drugs Now!…