God Bless America

November 1st, 2009 ndnaul11

This week was probably the first week since I’ve been in St. Andrews that I realized I missed America.  Going to school in Massachusetts, I think I tend to take for granted some pretty basic stuff that I don’t have here in Scotland.  Although I can follow sports online, it’s not the same as on live TV.  Although the Red Sox tanked it in the playoffs, it would have actually been nice to watch the games.  Not to mention, I’m probably going to miss the entirety of the

Halloween

Halloween

both the Patriots and the Celtics seasons.  Although Skype has proved invaluable for keeping in touch with my friends from Holy Cross, it’s still not the same as actually hanging out with them.  And of course, I miss my family.  I talk to them more than anyone else, but I easily miss them the most.

But as I’m sitting here writing this, I’m also opening my new backpack that I just bought for my trip to Barcelona and Rome next week.  I mean, it’s pretty surreal – next week, I’m going to spend 8 days making my way around Spain and Italy.  And over the course of this year, I will probably do more traveling than most people will do in a lifetime.  So as much as I miss home, the fact is that for one year, I can sacrifice the sports and the time with my friends back at Holy Cross.  I’ve also realized that semi-boring weeks where I don’t really do anything interesting are going to happen, and it’s okay, because the week after, I could be going to see the Coliseum or the Eiffel Tower.

On another note, they do celebrate Halloween over here.  Since I waited until the last minute, and due to the fact that

The Eden Course

The Eden Course

I didn’t want to spend any money on a costume, I resorted to taking the sheet off my bed and wearing it as a toga for the night.  Halloween itself wasn’t quite up to the standards of the States, but we had a good time anyway.

I only made it to the course once this week, but I’ll be making up for it this up coming week.  I might even try for the Old Course on Friday

One Response to “God Bless America”

1. RANDALL says:

CheapTabletsOnline.Com. Canadian Health&Care.Best quality drugs.Special Internet Prices.No prescription online pharmacy. No prescription pills. Order pills online

Buy:Female Pink Viagra.Lipothin.Amoxicillin.Acomplia.Advair.Zocor.Nymphomax.Lasix.Cozaar.Lipitor.SleepWell.Zetia.Wellbutrin SR.Benicar.Prozac.Ventolin.Buspar.Aricept.Seroquel.Female Cialis….