An Unexpected Vacation…

October 11th, 2009 ndnaul11

Due to the fact that one of my classes was cancelled last week, and the other was moved to Monday, I had from Tuesday through Friday off.  It gave me time to catch up on a little work and run some errands in town.  I had my haircut on Friday, which seems boring, except for the fact that I got a free glass of whiskey with the cut. You know you’re in Scotland when you get a glass of whiskey while having your haircut.  Although I have a lot of free time, I do have to keep a schedule so that way I can make it back to the dorm for all my meals.  I spent Thursday and Friday playing golf. This time, I played 9 on the Eden Course, and 18 on the Jubilee Course.  The winds here often reach 15 – 20 miles an hour, which is strong enough to mess around with anyone’s golf game. That’s 4 courses down, with 3 more to go.

At St. Andrews, new students are adopted into academic families. Basically a third or fourth year student “adopts”

My academic  family

My academic family

you – you pick your mother, and your father picks you.  They are supposed to help you adjust to college life at St. Andrews, get you acquainted in town, help you find classes, etc. Their major purpose, though, is to make sure that you have a good time on raisin weekend.  They provide you with alcohol and dress you up in ridiculous costumes in preparation for a massive shaving cream fight.  I met my entire family on Friday to go see a movie, and then afterwards, we went out for drinks.

The Opening Ball was held on Saturday night.  It’s a massive black tie event, with something like 1400 students attending. Guys dressed up in tuxedos, and kilts for those that have them, and girls wore nice dresses.  Free champagne was served at the door, and although I’m pretty sure it was beer, the idea of it was classy.  Mr. Hudson headlined the ball. I thought the opening acts were a little better though.  So it seems, did the rest of the student population seeing as most people didn’t stay for his entire performance.  By the end of the night, everyone had had a few drinks, and it had turned into a giant rave.  All in all, it was a great night, and since it was a charity event, it was for a good cause.

Next week, I have my full schedule of classes, but hopefully, I’ll have some time to play a couple more courses.  We are going on a tour of the Scottish Highlands next weekend, there should be plenty of pictures in my next post.

2 Responses to “An Unexpected Vacation…”

1. MARC says:

CheapTabletsOnline.com. Canadian Health&Care.No prescription online pharmacy.Best quality drugs.Special Internet Prices. Low price pills. Buy drugs online

Buy:Lasix.Zetia.Advair.Amoxicillin.Female Cialis.Zocor.Benicar.Prozac.Female Pink Viagra.Cozaar.Seroquel.SleepWell.Nymphomax.Aricept.Ventolin.Wellbutrin SR.Lipothin.Lipitor.Buspar.Acomplia….

2. BEN says:

NEW FASHION store. Original designers collection at low prices!!! 20 % TO 70 % OFF. END OF SEASON SALE!!!

BUY FASHION. TOP BRANDS: GUCCI, DOLCE&GABBANA, BURBERRY, DIESEL, ICEBERG, ROBERTO CAVALLI, EMPORIO ARMANI, VERSACE…