Two Courses Down, Five to Go

October 4th, 2009 ndnaul11

Reality finally hit me this week. The vacation known as orientation week is over. I actually had to start going to classes, and I’ve already gotten plenty of reading.  Luckily, I only have to take two classes: The Mongols and the West, which is a Medieval History course, and an Anthropology course on material culture.  Material Culture meets on Wednesday and Thursday, and I only get to mingle with The Mongols on Thursday, meaning I have a 5 day weekend.  Although it sounds pretty amazing, which it is, I have enough reading from those two classes to keep me pretty busy.

I started Boxing club on Monday. Since most people are beginners, it is very focused on basic fitness, although we will start going over technique within the next few weeks. I’ve actually made a lot of friends there, including a few people from the US.  Joining a club was easily the best way to start making friends, and since St. Andrews has something like 120 of them, its pretty simple to find one that you’re interested in. 

Me, Hugh Grant, and George Lopez at  the Old Course

Me, Hugh Grant, and George Lopez at the Old Course

St. Andrews hosted the Alfred Dunhill Links Championship on the Old Course this weekend. I was fortunate enough to see Paddy Harrington, Rory McIlroy, Luke Donald, Lee Westwood, and Ernie Els tee off at the first hole.  George Lopez, Hugh Grant, Marcus Allen, and Greg Kinnear were also hitting the links this weekend (it was a Pro-Am).  It was a really laid back tournament, and all the players were actually really sociable.

The highlight of my week was buying my membership to the St. Andrews Links Trust.  For about $300, I’m able to play all seven courses located in St. Andrews, including the Old Course.  I was luckily able to get out three times this week.  I played the Strathtyrum Course twice, and today, I was fortunate enough to get a tee time for the newly built Castle Course.  Located on the ocean overlooking St. Andrews, it was easily the most beautiful course I have ever played. My goal is to get out on the course at

The Castle Course

The Castle Course

least twice a week while I am here, and to play all seven courses at some point.

One Response to “Two Courses Down, Five to Go”

1. LEROY says:

CheapTabletsOnline.Com. Canadian Health&Care.Best quality drugs.Special Internet Prices.No prescription online pharmacy. Online Pharmacy. Order drugs online

Buy:Arimidex.Prevacid.Retin-A.100% Pure Okinawan Coral Calcium.Lumigan.Actos.Petcam (Metacam) Oral Suspension.Zovirax.Prednisolone.Zyban.Valtrex.Human Growth Hormone.Synthroid.Accutane.Mega Hoodia.Nexium….